Benefits of Hiring a personal trainer
Have you ever considered working with a Personal Trainer (PT) but been put off by the cost and cannot quite justify the expense? Maybe you think that personal training is for the rich and famous, not for the average person in the street!
But let me tell you why working with a PT might just be one of the best investments that you could make…
From helping you to achieve your health and fitness goals, to figuring out how to exercise safely and effectively even with a chronic condition, here are my top ten reasons why you should consider working with a PT…
1. Motivation – many of us work harder in the presence of others and working with a PT watching over you has been shown to help raise motivation levels by providing encouragement, motivation and accountability when you need that extra little push. A PT will encourage you to set goals, create a plan and with their help work towards achieving them.
2. Consistency – If you find it difficult to stick to a fitness program, then working with a PT will help to keep you accountable and help you to overcome all the old habits and excuses that have kept you from achieving your goals before. Plus, it is a lot harder to skip a workout when you know someone is expecting you.
3. Clarity – For a lot of people, fitness is confusing what with all the seemingly conflicting information available, but a highly experienced and knowledgeable PT will help you navigate the minefield of fitness and enable you to avoid all the guesswork so that you can focus on achieving your goals.
4. Confidence – For many people gyms can be very intimidating and confusing. But a PT will help you to master the gym by teaching you how to exercise safely, correctly and efficiently. After a few sessions you will find your confidence soaring as you start to feel more at home in the gym environment.
5. Injury avoidance – There is no such thing as an unsafe exercise, only unsafe technique. An experienced PT will teach you the safest most effective way to carry out your exercise program so as to deliver maximal results in a short space of time, whilst keeping you injury free.
6. Personal Attention – When it comes to movement, we are all different. Height, weight, previous experience, lifestyle, injuries… these all determine how your program is tailored to your goals. A PT will design a program that takes into account all of these to ensure that you are likely to see results.
7. Activity specific – If you are looking to run a 5km, run a marathon, take a trekking holiday, hike a mountain pass, improve your tennis – a PT can design a program that will ensure that you reach your event in tip top shape and injury free.
8. Training with a medical condition – In this modern high stressed world many people are being diagnosed with chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and blood pressure issues. The good news is that under the supervision of an experienced PT it is possible to manage these conditions and still achieve your goals.
9. Aging (dis)gracefully – our bodies change as we age, that much is for sure…but a well thought out fitness program can help slow down the effects of aging on our bodies. One of the first things we lose as we age is strength, but a PT can design a structured fitness program that can help to maintain functional strength and mobility as you age.
10. Fun – Believe it or not, exercise can be enjoyable, an experienced PT can make exercise both effective and fun. Training in a group or with a friend are great ways to increase the fun factor of any training program, plus it will help keep the cost s down as you can share the cost. Plus, working with a trainer that you both like and respect can be enough to provide you with more satisfaction from your workout program.
If you’d like to see how working with a Personal Trainer can help you achieve your health & fitness goals, then contact me today and book in for a no-obligation consultation to see how Brighton Bootcamp Personal Training can help you. https://www.brightonbootcamp.com/1-2-1personaltraining
Committed to your fitness