If you are serious about getting in great shape and burning fat, then you had better think about training smarter not longer. Drop the low intensity exercise and instead opt for exercises that will give you more bang for your buck.
Below I have compiled a list of my 5 favourite exercises for building strength, boosting fitness and blasting fat. These exercises will ignite your metabolism and create an afterburn that will keep you burning fat for days.
1) DB Thrusters: DB Thrusters are a whole-body exercise. The front squat works all the major muscles in your legs and core, while the overhead shoulder press targets your upper body and shoulder. ... As well as boosting your strength, you'll also continue to burn fat long after you stop exercising.
2) KB Swing: The kettlebell swing works the muscles in the hips, glutes, hamstrings, lats, abs, shoulders, pecs and grip. It's a simple and fast way to incorporate a very athletic movement into a routine safely while burning a ton of calories.
3) KB High Pull: The Kettlebell high pull is a full body conditioning exercise that is highly cardiovascular without the need to move your feet. It is great for improving posture due to the horizontal pulling action and is an excellent full body fat burner due to both cardio and muscle activation.
4) Burpees: The burpee is a full-body, strength training exercise. With each repetition, you'll work your chest, arms, front deltoids, thighs, hamstrings, and abs. Trust me, your legs will feel like they're pumping battery acid after you complete a set of burpees.
5) Box Jumps: During the upward phase of a box jump, you'll use your abs, glutes, quads, hamstrings, calves, and even arms to propel yourself onto the box. When you land during box jumps, your quads will do most of the work. After 10 repetitions you’ll be breathing as if you’re a 60 a day smoker.
So, if you’re looking to get into great shape and blast fat, you cannot go wrong with these exercises. Give them a go the next time you are at the gym (but be sure to ask an instructor to check your form) or contact me to see how I can help you get into the shape of your life.
Committed to your fitness Paul Golding 07968 723534 BrightonBootcampPaul@gmail.com